This webinar instructs in both the details and computations required to complete Form 8621 under the default §1291 regulations. This is a course aimed at practitioners that have an intermediate level of understanding of PFIC taxation. The materials will be computation-intensive and will cover both §1291 theory as well as application on Form 8621.
- Describe the overall §1291 mechanism and its purpose.
- Compute both excess and non-excess distribution amounts under §1291.
- Complete a basic Form 8621 using the §1291 regime.
- Transfer the tax items from a completed Form 8621 using the §1291 regime to the tax return.
Your registration includes 2 IRS CE as well as:
- Downloadable course manual and implementation tools as appropriate. These materials are available for download when you log into the webinar.
- The opportunity to listen to the optional presenter and the other members of the Compass Tax Educators instructional team during the optional question-and-answer session held during the original recording.
Advanced Preparation: None
Program Level: Basic
IRS Program Number for Self-Study On-Demand Webinar: NMVBP-T-00111-18-S
Delivery Method: Self-study/On-demand
Field of Study: Federal Tax Law (IRS)
Credit hours: 2 IRS
Instructor: Mary Beth Lougen, EA, USTCP Click here to learn more about the instructor.
All continuing education credit is provided through Gregory & Associates, Inc. which is doing business as Compass Tax Educators. Click here for more information regarding our education policies.